The days of feeling uncomfortable or enclosed inside an MRI machine are over. There are many facilities offering an open MRI scanner to keep you comfortable throughout the procedure. Here are several benefits of choosing an open machine for your MRI scan.
1. You are given a peace of mind in an open machine. It is easier to schedule an appointment when you are not nervous about the procedure. The machine is designed without any walls to make you feel confined. It is a good choice if you suffer from mild or severe claustrophobia because you are not sliding into a small space.
2. You can lie comfortably during the procedure. The enclosed bore makes it difficult or painful to shift into a comfortable position. The lack of walls makes it easier to shift into a position that works for you, and the body-weight capacity allows technicians to scan various body types. This is great news if you are being scanned for an injury.
3. You do not need an additional scan. Problems such as claustrophobia or discomfort may lead to an incomplete or inaccurate scan. If this happens, you are going to need an additional scan to diagnose your medical condition. The mental and physical comfort of an open design allows you to get through the procedure, and this means you do not need to schedule an additional scan.
4. You receive support and supervision from a technician. Your technician uses high quality equipment to monitor and connect with you throughout the procedure. The speaker system allows your technician to communicate with you during the MRI scan.
5. Your physician makes an accurate diagnosis. The high quality images allow your physician to get a closer look at the target area. Your physician makes an accurate diagnosis within hours or days of your scan, and this leads to a treatment that works for your illness or injury.
There are several benefits of choosing an open bore machine for your MRI scan. The open design eliminates feelings of anxiety and claustrophobia, and it allows you to lie comfortably during the procedure. The best part is your physician can easily diagnose and treat your medical condition.